
Sunday my family got together to celebrate my dad's 77th Birthday! (Notice the candles on the cake...75 plus 2 more). My dad was born and raised in Germany. He lived through World War II and has amazing stories about that! As a young man he sailed on a ship to America where he began a whole new life. My dad is a real hero to me! I love you, Dad! It's been a while since we have all been together at Mom's and Dad's and it was so much fun. There were 39 people in the house at the same time! (sorry that the other 30 of you couldn't be there!)I love coming from a large family! For those of you who don't know...My parents had six boys before they had me and my little sister! They have since added six daughters-in-law, 2 sons-in-law as well as 20 grandaughters and 20 grandsons, 2 great-grandkids with two more on the way! It was so fun to look around the room last night and see about 15 different conversations going on at the same time! Can you believe that with as large of a family as we have we all get along so well? That is a real blessing and I'll bet there is nothing more that my dad would wish for his Birthday! I love every single person in this big, wonderful family!
Here is a picture of Isaac with his huge ice ball. He filled a balloon with water and put it in the freezer. After it was frozen solid he peeled the balloon from the ice, went out on the deck and tossed it onto the cement patio and watched it shatter. I love to see what ideas Isaac comes up with. He loves to invent, experiment and create!
QUOTE OF THE DAY: "Here is the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished...if you're alive, it isn't." -Richard Bach
Monday, November 19, 2007
Dad's 77th Birthday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh how fun! I wish I could have been there!!! Grandpa is my hero, too. :) And we do have the BEST family on earth, we are so blessed. Oh man, I miss you all!!!!
Post a Comment