
The past few weeks have been so much fun! Nicole's friend asked her to the homecoming dance. It was so fun to see her enjoying the entire process of her first big High School dance! Our good friends had a daughter graduate from High School this year and she offered to let Nicole borrow any of her dresses. We went to their house and Nicole tried on all the dresses and found the perfect dress for homecoming (and the sweethearts dance AND prom - if she's lucky enough to go to all of them)! We are SOOOO grateful to Kayla (and her parents who bought the dresses) for letting Nicole borrow them! They have saved us a small fortune! For years Nicole has dreamed of this time in her life when she could get all dressed up and be treated like a princess!
On the night of the dance, Nicole's friend was finishing up a few final touches on her hair and makeup when her date arrived. I invited him in to the living room to wait. Meanwhile, Isaac starts screaming because for some unknown reason he decided to stick his tongue to an ice cube! (Does every kid have to learn the hard way that you DON'T stick your tongue to ice cubes - or frozen lamp posts?!)
Anyway, Nicole looked beautiful and her date was so handsome! The little awkward moment of ME trying to pin the boutonniere on Nicole's date was kind of funny. I loved watching him open the door for her to get into the car and drive away (with his mom driving)!
The mom dropped Nicole and her date off at another friend's house (one that can legally drive) and they met their group of friends at Mark Anthony's Italian Restaurant. After the dance they went to one of the other boy's house where they ate ice cream and played a game which included Nicole licking the fireplace (strange, I know) and her date walking up the stairs wearing high heels! Nicole loved everything about the night! When she walked in the door just before midnight, she was on cloud NINE! What a fun time of life! This makes up for every miserable day of Middle School!

Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Nicole's first big High School dance
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Linda,
Is that John? My niece Azure who knows Nicole went to some other homecoming dance with a bunch of friends and I swear that is the same guy! It is so nice to have good friends you can take to dances and have a good time without the awkwardness of does he like me, or does she like me...etc. Does he go to Itineris...that is where my niece goes? Huh? Niki looks amazing as always and what a nice time! Carrie
Niki is Gorgeous! I love her dress...How fun. I love that you pinned on the boutenier (?SP) My mom had to pin my dates on my first date and she put it on him upside down which we didn't realize till after we already took pictures :)
She is gorgeous! She's too young to be looking that good! I'm glad she had fun.
Has Marty had a heart attack yet with Nicole dating? She looks so pretty. Have fun Nicole.
Fun! She looks so cute. Lizzy says to tell Nicole that she also has a whole closet full of dance dresses and Nicole can borrow any of them any time, she loves it when someone can wear one of the dresses she has!!!
She looks beautiful!! Doesn't feel like just yesterday we were the ones going to those dances. Terrifying years but enjoyable :)
The dress is beautiful! How fun! It will be so fun in 8 years when I get to do this with Riley. I remember doing the high school dance thing. I loved it!
Nikki looks b-e-a-utiful! She pulled that dress off way better than i did! I'm so glad that she had a fun time! I miss high school already so i will just have to live vicariously through Nikki's experiences! I sure hope she goes to prom! She would look just lovely in the yellow dress!:)
Nicole looks beautiful! She is such a darling girl. I'm so excited for her. I remember all of the excitement and anticipation of my first high school dance. I'm glad it went so well!
Post a Comment