Shabby blogs Board Shorts

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!

Happy 2008! It seriously seems like we just celebrated the beginning of 2007! It has been a great year, and as I look back I recognize the many blessings that our family has received. I look forward to the new year and the adventures that lie ahead!










Every New Years Eve (except Sundays) for the past 16 or 17 years, we have celebrated New Years Eve with our great friends, Bruce and Lynda Newbold. For almost as long, Brad and Kayleen Smith have been there too. Bruce and Lynda really know how to throw a great party! Usually Bruce goes all out with a theme (such as a Hawaiian party, murder mystery, pajama party etc.) and we are always amazed with what he comes up with and how he spoils us! This year they kept it simple without a theme and I think it about killed Bruce to not be able to use his creativity to plan the party. We had just as much fun anyway! (and they still spoiled us!!) The night went way too fast! We must have done something right to have been blessed with such great friends!

A great way to begin the new year!





Bruce and Lynda



Brad and Kayleen







QUOTE OF THE DAY: We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO THE UTLEY FAM!!!!! Time for another double date! I know I've asked this already, but can you please e-mail me again what nights are best for you and Sir Martin? The last few months are a blur. THANK YOU! Can't wait to get together again! It's our new year's resolution to go out on MORE DATES! So let's do it!!! :-)

Chuck and Sharon Waller said...

Hey Linda and Marty, thanks for the photos of the girls, they sure are growing and it is nice to keep track of them. We saw your site listed on Neals blog and have added it to our Friends and Family area. Thanks again and Happy New Year!!