Any of you who know me very well know that I love babies! Once in a while people comment that I should have another one. First of all, realistically I could be a grandma within 5 to 10 years so I would be an "older" mom.(I can't believe I just said that in print (the grandma part)...my heart seriously just started beating faster at the thought)! I know that lots of women have babies after 40 but I just choose to borrow them once in a while. Second of all, wise men would have to appear from the East. In other words, it would either take a miracle OR I would be in big trouble (if you know what I mean...snip, snip).Third of all, we feel very blessed to have four healthy, wonderful children. After Isaac was born we prayed and fasted a lot to know if our family was complete. After attending the temple one night we were discussing our thoughts about it and Marty said to me, "So, do you think there are any more little spirits waiting to come to our family?" and I said, "No, just a puppy!" (I have to hint about a puppy any chance I get because I really want one some day but Marty's not too excited about the idea). Anyway, we honestly felt very peaceful about our family being complete. I hope that joking about this doesn't sound callous to those who have not been able to have babies. I know so many couples who are struggling with this and my heart aches for them. I can't relate at all to their challenge but I pray for many of them often.
My dream puppy
The reason that I brought up the subject of babies is because I have been surrounded by new babies and I'm in baby heaven! Several of my friends have had babies recently, as well as two of my nieces...and two more to come in a few months. I just have to share pictures of my adorable little great niece and nephew (yes, I'm a "great aunt"...does that make me sound old?)Welcome little McKayla and Aiden! (Mindi, I hope you don't mind that I copied these pics. of Aiden since I couldn't get to Tennessee to take my own). I am so proud of my nieces, Mindi and Rachel. They are such good moms! 





Thursday, April 24, 2008
I love babies!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Well no wonder you're in heaven... those babies are beautiful!! I love babies too. You are no where near being a Grandma, and you certainly don't look like one. (You did make me laugh though.)
I have missed you, glad you're posting again!
Oh my goodness...you definitely can tell when it's time to have another little one. The past 2 years I have been able to look at pictures like that and simply say how ADORABLE they are. Now when I look at pictures of those sweet babies (especially the one with all that dark hair....my little ones both had lots of dark hair. Only Kaden had a TON of it though), my heart seriously starts to ache. :-)
If being a great-aunt makes you old Im in big trouble, because I've been one 3 times over...soon to be 4! I love babies too and I would love to have more.
Linda I know what you mean about the baby thing. I am very excited to be a grandma soon, but I too am thinking of going the puppy route. And just think......when you want to go to lunch you can put them in their crate and leave them home.........you can't do that with a REAL baby, so maybe you are on to something with the puppy thing!!!!!
Those babies are adorable! I love the one with the baby's mouth all scrunched up to the side. That gave me a little chuckle. Your new polkadot blog look is fun. Glad to see Michael is recovering well...the gown story is great. When I had to wear one when I was in the ER for kidney stones I was to miserable to care if I was hanging out all over the place so I guess I can kind of relate.
Cute blog background! What cute babies!
Oh those are the cutest babies. The first ones remind me of my babies with the dark hair and chubby cheeks. Thanks for the website link I was finally able to change mine a little too. Glad to hear your son is okay.
all cuuuuute pictures! Cute babies, cute puppy and way cute new layout!
Cute babies! I love the picture on top of your blog. I have this many journals or more, also. Did you take this picture? Just wondering. I think that it is so cute!
Post a Comment