Michael spoke in church on Sunday, August 24 and did an excellent job! He worked hard to prepare his talk and I was so proud of him! Through lots of tears he shared the story of the conversion of my dad's family in Germany. He was also assigned to talk about "preparing for a mission" and he bore a strong testimony of the truthfulness of the Gospel. I have no doubt in my mind that Michael is prepared to share the Gospel with those who are searching for the truth.
We had over 115 family members and close friends that came to support Michael and listen to him speak, and then come to our house for lunch. It was so much fun to have everyone together at the same time and in the same place! We served taco salad and then others brought desserts. I was so busy visiting with everyone that I never ate, but as far as I could tell it was a success.
My friend Heather, who is a very talented photographer, was SO nice to bring her camera and take pictures of Michael and our family! I was so busy that I hadn't even thought about it and I would have been so sad if we didn't have any pictures of this special day! Thanks so much Heather and to everyone else who helped make this day so special!!!! I feel so blessed to have all of you in our lives. Most of all thank you all for your support of Michael as he has prepared for his mission. I have been absolutely blown away by the sincere support, love and generosity of all of you!!!
Saturday, September 6, 2008
A Sunday to remember
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I've been thinking of you, wondering how you are doing. I'll have to give you a call next week!
I am so proud of you! You are a wonderful mother! I love the pictures taken on Sunday, and don't think you look old enough to have a 19 year old son. I think Michael did a wonderful job speaking as well. You should be proud, he's a great kid!
Post a Comment