Shabby blogs Board Shorts

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Rascal Flatts!!!


This story began a couple of weeks ago when my friend Jill and I "kidnapped" our friend Lisa who was on bed rest while waiting to have TWINS. She needed to get out of her house after being home-bound for a while so we took her to Jill's house where we ate Cafe Rio and chatted all afternoon. Jill had won tickets to the Rascal Flatts concert from KUBL 93 a week before and I had tried a few times, without success. In order to win the tickets, KUBL played a Rascall Flatts song backwards and you had to be the 13th caller and tell them what the backwards song was. Well, while I was at Jill's the backwards song came on the radio and we both started dialing...me on my cell phone and Jill on her cell phone AND her home phone (you should see her - she has it down to a science!) I got through and was the 13th caller and, thanks to Jill, could identify the backwards song - so I WON tickets too! We went together to pick up our tickets so we got to sit together. Jill had also won tickets for her sister who happened to be celebrating her 10th wedding anniversary that night. We had SO much fun! The concert was amazing and we had awesome seats on the 12th row! I had to laugh as we were leaving the concert when Marty pulled rolled up pieces of napkin out of his ears. Is that a sign of old age?!. SO, if you ever want to go to a concert for free, just hang around Jill and maybe her luck will rub of onto you too! For those of you who have access to Jill's blog you can read more details there...for the rest of you, I'll spare you the details. I'll just say WE HAD A BLAST!




By the way, Lisa had her babies last week and they are PERFECT! Congrats. Lisa!!!

5 comments:

Tam said...

Looks like you guys had SO much fun! That's awesome you were able to score some tickets too! I really need to perfect the science of winning!

Jennybug said...

Hi Linda, hi stumbled on to your blog while I was on Rebecca's. That is so much fun about winning concert tickets. I love going to concerts, but hate to pay for them. I had fun reading your blog. the Fridge idea is awesome. Have a Happy Day.
Jenny

Phipps Family said...

Looks like so much fun, I am so jealous. And by the way, I love your fridge too.

Daily Jot & Tittle said...

I was wondering how the concert went. It was fun to see you and Jill "in action" to win tickets! That was a fun afternoon..thanks again for all your help.

Melissa said...

I am soooo Jealous! Lizzy and I wanted to go to Rascal Flatts so bad and we tried to win tickets. I can't ever get through on the radio.