
Last night Isaac was reading "The Giving Tree" to me. About half way through he asked me to finish reading it. From the corner of my eye I could see him wiping his eyes and when I looked at him I noticed that he was sobbing! He thought that this book was so sad...that the tree gave EVERYTHING to the boy and the boy didn't even seem to appreciate it! This is such an interesting book and most people interpret it differently. I think of it as unconditional love...kind of like parents who give and give to their children while the children may not appreciate it until later in life. I know that I feel that way sometimes! I know that the older I get and the more that I experience in life, the more I appreciate my parents and the unconditional love that they have always shown for me!
I love my sweet little, tender hearted boy!
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Such a tender heart!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So sweet!!! That totally sounds like Kaden. Sometimes movies, etc. are so sad for him that I have to turn them off though. LOL! It's definitely nice to have a thoughtful sensitive boy. Love this story...and I LOVE "The Giving Tree" too!
Post a Comment