We needed to get out and enjoy the beautiful day on Thursday before the kids head back to school next week so we decided to go to This is the Place Heritage Park. I had left my cell phone in the car so we had lost track of time and were surprised when we found out that we had been there for almost four and a half hours! Sarah and Isaac are at the perfect age for this kind of outing. I wasn't sure if Isaac would enjoy all of the stories and history shared by the people who work there, but he loved it just as much as Sarah and I did. I LOVE historical places and I was just amazed at how much there was to see and do and learn about and even more amazed that my kids loved it too! We rode a train (a few times), rode in a horse pulled wagon, watered a garden, learned how to dance the Virginia Reel (Oh how I wish I had video of Sarah and Isaac dancing together and me dancing with the cutest old man who taught us!)We learned how the school children were punished, how the old newspapers were printed, how the pioneers cleaned their rugs and clothes, how hard it is to pull a handcart...and so much more! Our favorite part was playing with the cute little baby animals (including the tiniest little goat I've ever seen) and riding ponies. If we weren't so exhausted, we could have spent four more hours there! The best part of the day was that there was hardly anyone else there so it was like having the entire village to ourselves! So, as you can tell, we had a GREAT time! We will definitely go there again sometime!









Friday, May 16, 2008
This is the Place Heritage Park
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This looks like so much fun! I think we will have to make a trip up there. Did you know that one summer Lizzy volunteered there with my niece Jenny and her kids, they dressed in pioneer clothes and were demonstrating things. She loved it.
Those lambs are so cute. I haven't been to that place in years, I'll have to check it out sometime.
Post a Comment