
About a year ago Nicole and her friend, Candace, decided to take a tennis class through the Country Rec. When they arrived on the first day of the week long class, they realized that they were the oldest girls amongst a couple of dozen other girls who averaged about eight to eleven years of age! I thought it was pretty funny and thought for sure they would be embarrassed when they discovered that the teachers were really cute high school boys. They didn't let that stop them from trying their hardest to learn tennis and they had a blast! They continued playing tennis every once in a while over the past year and Nicole really started enjoying it. After trying out and not making the High School tennis team last year (not a surprise after just a week of lessons) Nicole was determined to make the team this year. Michael's friend Caitlyn, who was a great tennis player in High School, has been helping Nicole the past couple of weeks. Well, as of yesterday Nicole is now a member of the Riverton High School tennis team! Yeah Nicole! I am so proud of her for her determination and hard work!
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Congrats. Nicole!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
CONGRATS NICOLE! That is so great!!!!
Go Nicole! Congrats! I actually talked a friend into signing up for a Hip Hop class with me a couple years ago through the community. It was listed as 8 & up and I kind of took it literally. When we showed up there were several elementary aged looking girls there...with their moms all sitting around watching and taking pictures of us (didn't really think about that possibility). Anyways, after a really good laugh we decided to stick it out. We had a blast!
Congratulations Nicole!!!
I can really see you exel as a tennis player. Just the right kind of sport for you. Work hard at it and have fun!
that is great! Tell Nicole Congrats!!
Good for you Nicole. That's what life is all about, "if at first you don't succeed, try, try angain" I am so proud of you that you didn't give up and now you made it!!!! Have fun!
Post a Comment