
Marty's showroom was flooded with about 3,000 gallons of water (according to estimations from the fire department). A couple of people were moving a large rug rack to make room for a new cabinet display and they hit a fire sprinkler on the ceiling and broke it off. I didn't get there with my camera until about five hours after it happened but I wish we had pictures from immediately after. I'm sure that was not the first thing on the minds of those being sprayed with BLACK water! A restoration company sucked up as much water as they could but quite a few rugs were ruined as well as the showroom carpet, pad and a couple of pieces of furniture. It was bad but could have been a lot worse! Thank goodness for insurance - The worst part is having to take so much time to put it all back together. Onward and upward!!!
Marty and Jenny (our niece who runs the rug store) having so much fun!



You can see the BLACK on the right side of this rug. Yuck!
Saggy paint 

Doesn't Marty look cute with his dress socks and shorts?!
Friday, August 8, 2008
A soggy day at work!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Pindy Poo! What are you and Marty doing on Friday? Wanna double with us?? We need OUT and we already have a sitter...and WE NEED some serious "Utley Time!" If I don't hear back from ya soon, I'll call tonight!
Post a Comment