Valentines Day at our house always begins with a treasure hunt for the younger kids. I had left a little stuffed animal in Isaac's room with a note that he could read when he woke up. I had left a Valentine balloon with a note hanging on Sarah's door. When she woke up she read the note that said:
"Good morning, Sarah...Happy Valentines Day! Follow the hugs (chocolate hugs) to a Valentine clue...read it carefully - it will tell you what to do."
Here are the VERY corny clues that she followed:
1. Go get your brother (Isaac) for a Valentines hunt - Together you'll find things that I think you'll want. Give each other a great big hug - now go to the place where we keep our mugs. (Valentine cup cakes)
2. The next place to look for your Valentines stash, is next to the place where we throw our trash." (frosted animal cookies)
3. If you want to find something that was bought at the store - go look out the window of the back door. (Sobe drinks)
4. Are all of these things getting hard to hold? Go look in the place where we keep our food cold. (chocolate milk)
5. Now that you are totally awake - go look in the place where we would bake a cake (Pringles potato chips)
6. Now we are getting near the end - go to the place where an e-mail would be sent (Finger paints and beef jerky)
7. Now that you've found all your Valentine treasures - Remember my love for you can't be measured! Happy Valentines Day, now I have just one wish. Come give your mother a Valentine kiss!
**This is how I woke up - to kisses!
The rest of the day was spent getting ready for a special Valentine dinner. My neighbor's birthday was on Valentines Day and her husband was out of town so her kids and my kids decided to have a surprise dinner/party for her. They made a big "Happy Birthday" sign, cards and a cake. I made one of my favorite meals of Swiss Salad Parmesan, Fiesta shrimp & bread dipped in oil and balsamic vinegar. We also had a hot artichoke dip appetizer and cheese cake, birthday cake and chocolate dipped strawberries for dessert. Luckily we had also invited another family to join us to help us eat all the food. I know Valentines Day is supposed to be for your "sweetheart" but I'm glad we could share it with the rest of our family and our friends! I realized that I didn't take many pictures but here are the few that I did take:
Monday, February 18, 2008
Valentines Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment