Shabby blogs Board Shorts

Thursday, February 28, 2008

A relaxing day at the cabin


Saturday morning we woke up early and headed for the cabin. I can't tell how much I needed a break like that! We had SO much fun sledding down the long road and then being taken back to the top on the four wheeler. My arms were so sore on Sunday from hanging onto the sled and trying to cushion my body as I flew over the moguls all the way down the hill! I hope I never get too old to go sledding! There weren't a lot of people at our association on Saturday so it made snowmobiling really nice too!

Top eleven memories of our day at the cabin:
(I coulnd't narrow it to ten)

1. Sledding
2. Snowmobiling
3. Eating
4. Watching the movie "The Beautician and the Beast"
5. A nap
6. Doing NOTHING!
7. Reading my book
8. Watching the kids build snow caves
9. Cleaning up THREE spilled drinks (one from Isaac, Sarah and Michael)
10. Enjoying dinner at our favorite little place in Kamas (where Nicole discovered that one of her best friends from sixth grade, Ty, works)
11. Watching a bald eagle fly over the river and a huge elk on the side of the road.

This wonderful, relaxing day helped me feel prepared for Sunday, which was my first day as Primary President. It went pretty well but I am looking forward to next Sunday now that I know what to expect!






3 comments:

Tam said...

Great way to make the best of this never ending snow! I love the idea of the okey dokey chart....having your child do something without being asked! I can't even imagine.

Tam said...

PS> I would love to hear about the snake chart for Caden!

britta said...

Congrats on your new calling and of course I don't mind that you "peeked" at our families blog. I love it! I will look forward to running into you again too.