Shabby blogs Board Shorts

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Christmas shopping

Each Christmas the kids choose a name of one of the siblings to buy a gift for. Last night for Family Home Evening we went to dinner at the Texas Roadhouse and then headed for the mall to buy gifts. We split up in teams of two. Marty & Isaac were done in about 5 minutes and Michael and Nicole were done in about 30 minutes. Sarah and I, however, kept getting distracted and took a lot longer. When we caught up with the others, this is what we found….

They were sitting on a bench, playing a game that Marty had come up with. They would choose a person walking toward them from way down the hall and each would guess what the person’s favorite ice cream was. Then, when the person got close enough Marty would say, “Excuse me, could you come here for a minute?” Then he would ask them their favorite flavor of ice cream and see who was right. So funny! Marty is great at keeping the kids entertained! By the way, we were all surprised that most of the people like strawberry the best.

I have worked hard this past week to finish up Christmas preparations and although I am 99 percent ready as far as gifts and wrapping go, I have come to the conclusion that no matter how much time I spend preparing for Christmas there is ALWAYS something more to do! I am determined to fill this week with fun events with the family (watching lots of Christmas movies, making sugar cookies, reading Christmas stories etc. AND cleaning my poor house!) I am really feeling the Christmas spirit with all of the music and festivities!

No comments: