Shabby blogs Board Shorts

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Cleaning the Conference Center












Last Thursday night our Relief Society presidency had the opportunity to clean the LDS Conference Center following the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas concert. The assignment was from 10:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. so we left early enough to have dinner at the Garden Restaurant.













It was amazing to walk into the HUGE Conference Center with only a few people in there. I have only been in there before with thousands of other people! We spent most of the time vacuuming, along with other people from Herriman. We used the "back pack" type vacuums with the long hose and a very long extension cord. If anyone was watching me I'm sure they were quite entertained as I figured out how to pull that thing around without constantly unplugging it, getting tangled in the cords or detaching the hose from the vacuum and having it suck to my pants! One older gentleman caught me off guard as he walked past me and said, "Your job really sucks, doesn't it?!" Funny! Anyway, we had a great time (But we missed you Jill!!)

No comments: